5.5 months (146 hours)
Day and Time
Monday - Wednesday 18.30 – 21.30
15 January 2024
Participants are selected through interviewing.
Participants are required as a minimum to be an undergraduate student or have a bachelor’s degree.
This program intended for magazine publishing which is one of the most important communication channels of fashion aims to give a background on fashion editorship and fashion communication.
In the program starting with providing general knowledge of fashion and media, you receive a training from a wide perspective for functioning of a magazine in general, organization of management and editorship at a magazine as well as various media.
At the end of the program during which styling applications are performed through professional shootings, you will have your own magazine.
- have learned the process of issuing a magazine, from A to Z,
- be able to prepare magazine pages,
- have a grasp of shoot planning and managing process,
- have learned the principles of working with a production team and creative team,
- be able to create a broad communication network for the industry.
- Those who are interested in fashion and in communication, publishing and authorship aspects of fashion,
- Those who are willing to produce content for both printed and online media.
You can work for fashion magazines, newspapers, online publications or online shopping (or e-commerce) sites or as a freelancer in the following positions:
- Fashion Editor
- Topic Editor
- Beauty Editor
- Shopping/Style Editor
- Online Media Editor
- Fashion Writer
General Knowledge of Fashion and Media: In this module in which information on fashion industry, the big guns constituting the building blocks of fashion industry, fashion brands, fashion calendar, events, fashion weeks and capitals etc. is delivered, a background is also given on the dynamics of fashion press in the world and in Turkey, the effect of media on fashion and new publishing concepts.
- Fashion history and development
- Fashion calendar and events
- Key players of fashion
- Fashion weeks and fashion capitals
- Fashion press in the world and in Turkey
- Functioning of fashion industry
Fashion Writing and Editorship: In this module, participants will have a grasp of creating a written language and written tone fit for the target group, principles of fashion writing, writing process, producing content and writing techniques intended for various media; and they will also learn fashion parade and collection reporting, press release preparation and interview techniques.
- In addition, in this module, all types of editorships available in a magazine will be shown and the learnings will be supported by the practices aimed at preparing magazine pages.
- Participants will find the opportunity to experience the industry through visits to magazines and fashion PR agencies and the lessons performed with industry professionals.
- Fashion Writing
- Writing techniques for different media
- Fashion parade and collection reporting
- Interview techniques
- Preparing press release
- Fashion Editorship
- Shopping/Style Editorship
- Beauty Editorship
- Online editorship
- Roles and Responsibilities of Editor
- Magazine visit
- Fashion PR
Styling: In this module teaching editorial styling, shootings are performed with a professional team consisting of stylists, fashion photographers, hair stylists, make-up artists and models. During these shootings performed in cooperation with fashion brands, participants find the opportunity to experience a real shooting environment while having visuals by which they can add to their portfolio.
- Editorial styling
- Shoot planning
- Story board creation
- Introduction to photography studio
- Studio shoots
- Visual selection and evaluation
Overall Magazine Structure: Information is provided on magazine positioning and general magazine structure in this module.
- Magazine positioning
- Overall magazine structure
- Magazine organization and functioning
- Copyrights and legal obligations
- Budget management
Project: Participants bring out a magazine by combining editorial styling shoots, interviews, parade reporting they performed, fashion articles they wrote, the topics they looked into and shopping and beauty pages they prepared during the program according to the theme and target group they identified at the end of the program.
- Target group identification
- Content planning and identification of magazine topics
- Cover design
- Announcement and advertorial preparation
- Creative page management and switching to creative design stage
- Printing the magazines prepared
- Project evaluation and presentation