This basic-level program that contains all of the processes of fashion design will allow you to improve your visual skills by combining them with technology and you will follow the developments in the fashion industry and have an idea about the collection-industry association with various research methods you will learn.
5 Month (360 Hours)
Day and Time
Monday Tuesday Wednesday
10:00 – 17:00
21 January 2019
Participants will be selected by interviews.
According to the National Education Ministry Law 5580, participants must hold at least a secondary education degree.
- You will learn drawing techniques in theory and practice,
- You will learn about the design development and application, collection planning and development methods.
- You will have a good command of draping, pattern and sowing techniques,
- You will attain a knowledge base about fashion marketing,
- You will attain Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge and application skills,
- You will experience being a corporate designer under a real brand with an industry project you will design,
- You will attain the ability to make designs from the perspective of a real designer with a designer project,
- You will create your own collection, and
- You will create a wide communication network in the industry.
- Those who are not experienced in fashion design and want to establish his/her own brand,
- Those who wish to work as a fashion designer in a corporate environment and
- Those who are working in the fashion and textile industry and want to specialize on fashion design.
- Fashion designer,
- Modelist and
General Fashion Culture: Fashion, textile and trend concepts are reviewed, a knowledge base is given on design cycle and processes.
- Fashion Culture: Fashion history, periods, key fashion players and today's fashion
- Operation of the fashion industry and fashion calendar
- Fashion weeks and capitals
- Fashion terminology: Concepts used in the fashion industry
Drawing techniques: In this module, participants learn about drawing principles and perform free-style drawing and pattern works. A knowledge base is given on figure drawing based on human anatomy and movements, using light with different materials, color harmonies and transferring fabric textures on paper with painting techniques.
- Drawing exercises (figure and pattern drawing)
- Illustrative drawing
- Technical drawing
- Preparing technical leaflet
- Clothing models
- Drawing a collection
Design Development and Application: In this module, participants comprehend theme creating and design ideas with inspirations. They research to support design processes, collect information and materials to learn archiving. They gain competence in presenting and implementing ideas.
- Design process
- General knowledge on fibers and fabrics
- Different fabric types
- Keeping a visual diary
- Creating story, color and fabric panels
Collection Planning and Development: In this module, participants learn about collection planning methods and how to create a collection based on a designated theme.
- Trend research
- Design process development
- Target audience selection
- Preparing sketchbook, moodboard
- Creating a collection integrity
- Fabric and material selection fitting the design
- Production and technical application
Draping Techniques: Participants learn about developing creative models and using 3-D works by using basic draping techniques.
- Transferring a 2-D idea to 3-D
- Developing a creative model
Pattern and Sowing Techniques: Participants learn about pattern cutting and model development techniques, how to create a 2-D pattern and prepare a prototype, trial and sowing techniques.
- Pattern application
- Basic skirt pattern
- Pleat, shirring, dart techniques on a skirt pattern
- Sowing techniques
- Sowing machine exercises
- Basic skirt pattern cutting and sowing techniques
- Zipper installation apparatus and sowing techniques
Fashion Marketing: In this module, the operation of the fashion industry, marketing principles, target audience analysis, positioning, market research methods, coordination of design and method teams and related topics are explained.
- Introduction to marketing
- Strategic marketing
- SWOT analysis
- Brand information
- Brand creating processes
- Industry analysis
- Consumer analysis
Photoshop and Illustrator: Participants lean how to create designs in digital environment and present them in a visually effective way with Photoshop and Illustrator programs. They learn about the tools of both programs by considering the difference in use and operating principles of the pixel-based Photoshop and vector-based Illustrator programs. They create professional drawing leaflets that contain detailed, artistic and technical drawings.
- Developing competence in design and drawing with computer programs
- Creating a collection theme
- Preparing story and color boards
- Pattern/print works
- Preparing color variants
- Enhancing a designed idea visually with a program
- Making designs and creating a visual archive with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Painting and effect applications
- Portfolio creation
Designer and Industry Projects: With these projects, the participants learn how to see the fashion industry both as a freelance designer or a brand designer. They experience the process from design to production and sales with the guidance of the industry professionals and designers.
Industry Project: : It is implemented to experience how to be a brand designer. Participants experience the process of product planning and design development in parallel with market research and brand identity.
Designer Project: It is implemented to experience how to be an independent designer. Participants experience how to transfer an idea from 2-D to 3-D by a series of drawings, samples, and trials in a design process.
Final Collection and Portfolio: It allows participants to develop and realize their designs to create a final portfolio based on the inspirations they select independently.
At the end of the program, projects and final collections prepared during the training are presented to the leading companies, designers and media representatives from the fashion industry in a comprehensive exhibition.