4,5 Months (324 hours)
For detailed information:
+ 90 212 219 41 41 (1215)
Day and Time:
Monday, Thursday, Friday (3 days a week),
09:30 - 12: 30 & 13:30 - 16:30
Participants will be selected by interviews.
According to the National Education Ministry Law 5580, participants must hold at least a secondary education degree.
- You will learn different drawing techniques in theory and practice.
- You will learn about the design development and application, collection planning
- and development methods.
- You will attain Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge and application skills.
- You will have a basic understanding of draping, pattern cutting and sewing.
- You will attain the ability to make designs from the perspective of a real designer.
General Fashion Culture and Runway Analysis: Fashion, textile and trend concepts are reviewed, a knowledge base is given on design cycle and processes. A variety of runway shows are shown to participants after which said shows are analysed by students and the lecturer.
- Fashion Culture: Fashion history, periods, key fashion players and today's fashion § Dynamics of the fashion industry and fashion calendar
- Fashion weeks and capitals
- Fashion terminology: Concepts used in the fashion industry
- Analysis of Fashion Shows: Concept, Design, Music, Choreography etc.
Drawing Techniques (Fashion Illustration Techniques) 1-2: In this first module, participants learn about drawing principles and perform hand drawings and techniques. A knowledge base is given on figure drawing based on human anatomy and movements, using light with different materials. After taking the first module; colour harmonies and transferring fabric textures on paper with painting techniques will be learning in the second module.
- Drawing exercises (figure and texture pattern drawing)
- Illustrative drawing
- Preparing technical leaflet
- Clothing models
- Drawing a collection
Technical Drawing: After learning technical clothing terms and line weights preparing technical leaflet, analyses of the details will be drawn technically in this module. Technical clothing terms, line weights; basic neck, collar, sleeve models also will also be learned.
- Drawing exercises (technical drawing of garment pieces and details)
- Basics of creating a spec sheet
- Technical drawings of creative design
Introduction to Fashion Design Development and Application: In this module, participants will have the ability to comprehend concept research and inspirational design ideas. The research supports design processes, collect information and materials to learn to develop ideas for design processes. They gain competence in presenting and implementing ideas.
- Introduction to Design processes
- Primary and Secondary Research Techniques
- Creation Process of a Design Sketchbook
- Creating story, colour and fabric panels
Collection Planning and Development: In this module, participants learn about collection planning methods and how to create a collection based on a designated theme.
- Trend research
- Design process development and introduction to collection creation methods
- Preparing a design sketchbook and relevant mood boards
- Creating a capsule collection
- Fabric and material selection related to the collection
Draping Techniques: Preparing patterns with draping techniques and understanding the draping techniques and which areas to use it for. Transforming the draping studies to patterns.
- Defining the measurements on the dummy by draping technique
- Preparing the fabric for draping
- Studying upper body draping techniques
- Studying placement of darts on the dummy for upper body
- Studying various yoke and armhole/arm patterns
Pattern and Sewing Techniques: Participants learn about pattern cutting and basic sewing techniques. This course includes basic flat patterns and model applications for basic skirt, pleat, yoke, gored skirt and circular skirt. Introducing participants to industrial lockstitch sewing machine and overlock machine, furthermore, showing basic sewing and stitching techniques to them are included in this module.
Introduction to Pattern cutting techniques
- Basic flat patterns
- Pleat, yoke, basic skirt, gored skirt, circular skirt pattern
- Basic sewing and stitching techniques
- Sewing machine exercises
- Basic skirt pattern cutting and sewing techniques
- Sewing techniques for dart, zipper belt
Photoshop and Illustrator: Participants lean how to create designs in digital environment and present them in a visually effective way with Photoshop and Illustrator programs. They learn about the tools of both programs by considering the difference in use and operating principles of the pixel-based Photoshop and vector-based Illustrator programs. They create professional drawing leaflets that contain detailed, artistic and technical drawings.
- Developing competence in design and drawing with computer programs
- Creating a collection theme
- Preparing story and colour boards
- Pattern/print works
- Preparing colour variants
- Making designs and creating a visual archive with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Painting and effect applications
- Portfolio creation
Final Collection and Portfolio: It allows participants to develop and realize their designs to create a final portfolio based on the inspirations they select independently.
At the end of the program, projects and final collections prepared during the training are presented to the jury of İstanbul Moda Academy.