Those who wish to design shoes and create their own collection; do you know which path to follow in footwear designing process?
4 Month (96 Hours)
Day and Time
Tuesday and Thursday 18:30 – 21:30
22 November 2022
Footwear is no doubt one of the indispensable elements of fashion. In this program intended for providing information on all processes from the history to the manufacturing of shoes, participants will have information on shoe drawing techniques as well as foot anatomy and technical matters such as construction in shoes. At the end of the program, participants will make a prototype from the sketches in the collections created by them.
- have knowledge of foot anatomy and construction in shoes,
- have learned shoe drawing methods and techniques,
- have learned moodboard making, prototype making and processes of preparing for manufacturing,
- have created a shoe prototype for the collection,
- have information on collection presentation.
- Those who wish to design footwear,
- Those who wish to create their own footwear collection.
- Shoe Design Assistant
- Buyer in Shoe Industry
Information on Footwear Industry, Brand and Product Analysis: In addition to general information on footwear industry and design, information on brands, customer groups of brands, footwear design and manufacturing processes in our country is given.
- History of footwear
- Brand analysis
- Identities and customer groups of world’s leading brands
- Footwear industry in Turkey
Foot Anatomy and Construction in Shoes: Effects of shape and design on shoe design are explained and it is ensured design ideas are shaped accordingly. In this course, in addition to giving information on fundamentals of foot anatomy and sizing, shoe last, heel and sole are also illustrated.
- Ratio-proportion, perspective
- Examples of last, heel and sole
- Explanation of the terms used (pressure point-ball-instep etc...)
Material Description and Material-Color Relationship Different materials to be used in shoe design and their effects on design works are explained. In addition, general color information and information about color selection according to the material to be used.
- Leather types
- Color information and material-color relationship
- Leather Printing Techniques (stone print, laser, embroidery, applique, perforated, hot mold print, serigraphy)
Shoe Models and Technical Drawing Methods: After giving general information on classical shoe models accompanied with visual images, shoe drawing techniques are demonstrated.
- General information on shoe models
- Visuals on shoe models such as Oxford, derby , feta, mule , mary jane, chelsea etc.
- General information on shoe drawing methods
- Drawing trials for different shoe models
- Foot Anatomy and drawing techniques
Formation of Collection Theme Plot and Its Processes: The process of turning design into a collection is explained so that starting from concept development, expression of the developed concept with moodboard and collection drawings are covered.
- Research and Concept development
- Collecting information on the selected theme
- Trend Analyses
- Research book
- Color palette selection
- Research assessment methods
- Moodboard expression and content (introduction of traditional and digital methods)
- Combination of colors, materials and details with moodboard
- Collection research drawings and sketch
Prototype Making and Presentation: Participants create a 2-dimensional collection in line with their theme. They make a prototype of the shoes they select from their collections and present these collection drawings to their trainer together with the prototype.
Prototype making is performed in that way; participants go to the referred points of manufacturing and they receive feedback from their trainer in the lessons during manufacturing process. Each participant manages the process individually at the point of manufacturing referred by the trainer and thereby experiences producing a 3-dimensional product.
- Manufacturing and follow-up
- Presentation and Evaluation