2.5 months (174 hours)
Day and Time
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10.00-17.00
28 November 2022
It is apparently necessary that companies should be managed more efficiently in the fashion world which is one of the fastest growing industries of the world, where different designs and creative ideas are arising every passing day and competition is getting increasingly fierce.
Fashion Management Master Class program meets the fashion industry with the universal rules of brand management. While participants acquire management skills with a 360-degree view by learning the particulars of marketing, communication and purchasing, today’s digital marketing communication media, new marketing methods such as influencer marketing, concepts such as sustainable fashion which is increasingly attached importance to by brands are looked closer.
Contributed by architectural, socio-cultural richness of İstanbul and its atmosphere full of fashion, it is also aimed to improve the participants’ “creative and design oriented thinking”.
In the program enriched by projects, practices and industry visits, it is aimed to give participants both an analytical and creative viewpoint. Participants improve their management skill through industry and store visits, guest speakers who are experts in their field and projects while they have the opportunity to extend their communication networks through “Fashion Council” created specific to the program.
At the end of the program, participants start their career journey with training support and meetings with companies under the title “Effective Communication”.
- be well-equipped with the knowledge of general fashion culture and ready wear industry through theoretical information, detailed readings and practices.
- acquire a fashion and design oriented viewpoint towards marketing and brand management,
- have information about the latest developments and current practices in the field of management and marketing,
- have a grasp of all processes of fashion retailing and supply chain, from product planning to its management,
- have learned about the innovations regarding technology and digitalization in marketing, management, supply chain and retail,
- have a reference thanks to the industry projects which you will be able to use in business life,
- have improved solution-oriented viewpoints through Case Studies,
- have the opportunity to hear at first hand about real life experience while building a broad communication network with the training staff, fashion council, designer visits and projects.
- Those who target a career in the field of management in fashion,
- Those who are willing to create their own fashion brand,
- Those who wish to improve themselves by working in different areas of fashion industry.
You can work in the areas of brand, marketing and retail at retail companies in the fashion and textile industry, companies engaged in brand distributorship, chain store entities that buy multiple brands:
- Brand Manager
- Marketing and Communication Manager
- Category Manager
- Store Manager
- Fashion Entrepreneur
Global View of Fashion Industry:
In this module in which, starting from the historical development of fashion, information such as the big guns in the field of fashion, fashion brands, current fashion news, fashion calendar, fashion events, fashion weeks and capitals, trend tracking and analysis as well as basic fabric knowledge and sustainable fashion concepts is delivered, the participants are also given information about the general functioning of fashion industry and strategic developments in online and offline fashion.
- History and development of fashion and ready wear
- Key players of fashion
- Functioning of fashion and ready wear industry
- Fashion calendar and events
- Fashion weeks and fashion capitals
- Trend Tracking and Analysis
- Eco, ethics and sustainable fashion concepts
- Basic Fabric Knowledge
- Strategic Developments in Online and Offline Fashion
Strategic Fashion Brand Management:
In this module, topics such as the concept of brand, target group, Swot Analysis are studied, successful brand strategies from the globe and Turkey are reviewed through Case Studies, brand stories and practices.
- Brand Concept and Brand Management
- Becoming a Brand in Fashion and Creating Brand Value
- Current Brand Approach and Practices
- Brand Identity Development and Positioning, SWOT Analysis
- Main Characteristics of Strong Global Brands
- Luxury Brand Management
- Creative and Design-Oriented Thinking
- Brand Entrepreneurship and Branding
Fashion Marketing and Communication:
- In this module, the concept of marketing in fashion, marketing communication media, current concepts in marketing are analyzed in detail.
- Fundamentals of Fashion Marketing
- Designing Marketing Plan, Marketing Mix
- New Trends in Marketing (Green Marketing, Subscription Marketing, Content Marketing, Neuro Marketing)
- Consumer Behaviors in Fashion
- Market and Trend Research, Segmentation
- Understanding Competition Analysis
- Experience Design
- Fundamentals of Visual Merchandising
- Digital Fashion Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Influencer Marketing
- Fashion PR
New Generation Retail and Supply Chain:
Topics in relation to collection planning and formation stages, supply chain, building blocks of fashion marketing, today’s retail industry, experiential marketing in retail, product planning and expanding into overseas markets are studied in this module.
- Story of Collection Creation
- Critical Road Map
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Logistics and Warehouse Management
- Building Blocks of Fashion Retail
- Development of Retail Industry and Business Models in Fashion Retail
- Mathematics of Retail and KPIs
- Effective Sales Strategies in Fashion Retail
- Fashion Retail Management in International Markets
- CRM Customer Relations Management
Field Works for Examining and Analyzing Brands in Different Segments:
A visit is organized to a selected shopping mall accompanied by trainer. Brands in different segments are looked into closer. Subsequently, brand identity and analysis study is performed over the brands examined.
Fashion Council: Specific to Fashion Management programs, with the wide fashion council constituted by company managers, successful new generation fashion entrepreneurs, influencers, stylists and photographers, participants find an opportunity to meet prominent names who steer the industry in Turkey, expand their communication networks and exchange ideas with them.
Project: The program is completed with an industry project. In this project carried out with an international or local fashion brand, participants find the opportunity to develop a real idea on the industry, analyze the problem, create a new idea; they build group study competence and in this way they have a more effective and instructive experience as compared to simulation projects.
Extra Activities and Opportunities: Participants, through the agency of İMA, find the opportunity to attend significant fashion events and reach extra opportunities provided by İMA.
- Communication and Career Workshops
- Selective Short Trainings
- Participating in Wgsn trend seminar
- Right to Attend TGSD Conference
- Participating in Istanbul FWI New Gen Fashion Parade
Meetings with Companies and Career Support At the end of training, participants are delivered trainings on effective CV building and effective communication and leadership. Through career days organized, participants come together with important companies and find the opportunity to introduce themselves.