Receive comprehensive education in fashion design and make your own designs.
2 years (378 hours)
(One school year covers the months between September-July.)
Day and Time
Tuesday and Thursday 18.30 – 21.30 or
Saturday 10.00 – 17.00
8 October 2022
8 November 2022
Participants are selected through interviewing.
Participants are required to be graduates of at least secondary education pursuant to the Law No 5580 under the Ministry of Education.
In this basic level program including all key processes of fashion design, you will create your own mini collection, learn various research methods and also have an idea about collection - industry relation by following the developments in fashion industry.
- have learned drawing techniques both in theory and practice,
- have knowledge of design development and application, collection planning and development techniques,
- have acquired background about fashion marketing,
- have acquired program information on and application skills for photoshop and illustrator,
- have basic knowledge of pattern and sewing techniques applications,
- learn about the theoretical background of CLO 3D Design program and acquire skills by using application techniques,
- have acquired the ability to make design with a real designer’s eye with the designer project you will prepare,
- Create your first mini collection,
- be able to create a broad communication network for the industry.
- Those who have no experience in fashion design but wish to build their own brand,
- Those who wish to work in design department of a corporate company
- Those who are currently working in fashion and textile industry and wish to specialize in fashion design.
- Fashion Designer
- Designer Assistant
General Knowledge of Fashion: The basic concepts of fashion, textile and trend are reviewed, background information is given regarding design cycle and processes.
- Fashion Culture: Fashion history, key players of fashion and today’s understanding of fashion
- Functioning of fashion industry and fashion calendar
- Fashion weeks and capitals
- Fashion terminology: Concepts used in fashion industry
Drawing Techniques: In this module, a participant learns about drawing principles; performs various basic drawing works aimed at Fashion Design.
- Technical drawing
- Application of figure drawing through practical methods
- Creating technical sheets
- Model dressing
- Collection drawing
Design Development and Application: In this module, a participant understands creating themes and design ideas with sources of inspiration. Conducts research to support design processes, learns archiving by collecting information and materials. Gains competence in presentation and application of ideas created.
- Design process
- General information on fibers and fabrics
- Different fabric types
- Creating story, color, fabric boards
Collection Planning and Development: In this module, a participant, with reference to an identified theme, learns collection planning methods and collection development.
- Trend research
- Design process development
- Target group selection
- Creating sketchbook, moodboard
- Forming collection integrity
- Selection of fabric and materials fit for design
- Technical applications
Techniques for Pattern Making by Hand: Participant learns about basic skirt and shirt patterns through base patterns using pattern making techniques by hand.
- Pattern terms
- Basic skirt pattern making
- Techniques for taking measurement
- Skirt model applications
- Application of pleats and darts on a skirt pattern
- Upper body, sleeve and basic shirt pattern
- Review of pattern forms through ready-made patterns
Sewing Techniques : The participant, starting from basic pattern making techniques, learns pattern cutting and model development techniques, 2-d pattern making, prototype building, fitting and sewing techniques.
- Sewing Techniques
- Sewing machine usage exercises
- Basic skirt pattern cutting and sewing techniques
- Zipper attachment and sewing techniques
Fashion Marketing : In this module, topics such as functioning of fashion industry, marketing principles, target group analysis, positioning, market research methods, coordination of design and management teams are delivered.
- Introduction to marketing
- Strategic marketing
- SWOT Analysis
- Brand knowledge
- Industry analysis
- Consumer analysis
Photoshop and Illustrator: Participant creates design in digital environment by means of Photoshop and Illustrator programs and learns how to present his/her works visually effectively. Sees the tools of both programs considering the differences in the usage and operating principles of pixel-based Photoshop and vector-based Illustrator programs. Creates professional drawing sheets containing detailed, artistic and technical drawings.
- Improving competence in design and drawing through computer programs
- Creating collection theme
- Creating story and color boards
- Creating patterns and imprint works
- Preparing color variants
- Technical drawing works
- Creating technical sheets
- Strengthening the designed idea visually by means of the program
- Creating design with Photoshop and Illustrator and creating a visual archive
- Coloring and effect applications
- Creating portfolio
Clo 3D Design Program: Participant learns how to make 3D fashion design that creates digital, real-like dress visualization with the latest simulation technologies. Gains experience on preparing artistic and technical drawings in digital environment either on the pattern or the body based on preference and creating professional digital technical drawing sheets for the industry.
- Introduction to CLO 3D;
- Being acquainted with the system
- Gaining 3D mentality by using project based training materials
- Virtual Stitch making and virtual sewing techniques
- Virtual graphics and accessory works
- Pantone/CLO: Creating color library enriched with Pantone library
- Creating, developing textile surface and manipulations
- Usage of textile materials, solid modeling/mesh modeling
- Module practicing works over base pattern
- Modular configuration
- Measurement change on Avatar
- Use of animation interface
- Render and light design
- CLO 3D Design Program pattern and model application tools
- Skirt Pattern applications
- Shirt pattern applications
- Skirt pattern and model applications on Avatar
- Shirt pattern and model applications on Avatar
Final Project: The best examples of applied training which is the most essential element of Fashion Design program are seen in this project. Thanks to this project, a participant understands how to work with a real design brief and what to consider when managing this process. Participant finds the opportunity to experience the process extending from design to manufacturing and sales with the directions from industry professionals and designers.
During design process the participant experiences creating Moodboard, Sketchbook, Line–up, doing fabric research, selecting an outfit from the collection created by the participant and turning its 2-d design to a 3-d one.
Final Collection and Portfolio: Enables a participant, based on the sources of inspiration selected by the participant entirely independently, to improve and realize his/her designs and turn them into a final portfolio. At the end of the program, project and final collection works created throughout the training are presented to the leading firms, designers and media representatives of fashion industry by means of an exhibition.